Week 28: Marquette Hall
A campus landmark, Marquette Hall features a Gothic bell tower that houses the university carillon. The four-story building is home to several offices, including the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences and the Educational Opportunity Program. Classes are held in three large lecture halls. Finished in 1924, Marquette Hall was originally known as the Science Building. The university renamed the academic hall in 1976 to honor its namesake, Jesuit missionary-explorer Father Jacques Marquette, S.J.
Part of the Marquette Campus: A to Z photo series.