Week 27: Lalumiere Language Hall
Lalumiere Language Hall is home to the Departments of Foreign Languages and Literatures and Social and Cultural Sciences. Lalumiere resembles a honeycomb with its 11-foot high, 7-foot wide oval windows cast in a facade of concrete and white quartz panels. Opened in 1970, the four-story building was originally called the Modern Language Building. Marquette University renamed the academic hall in 1971 to honor the Rev. Stanislaus P. Lalumiere, S.J., Marquette’s founding father and university president from 1887 to 1889.
Part of the Marquette Campus: A to Z photo series.